Sacred Heart of Jesus


"And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
And he said to them: With desire I have desired to eat this pasch with you, before I suffer.
For I say to you, that from this time I will not eat it, till it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
And having taken the chalice, he gave thanks, and said: Take, and divide it among you:
For I say to you, that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, till the kingdom of God come.
And taking bread, he gave thanks, and brake; and gave to them, saying: This is my body, which is given for you. Do this for a commemoration of me.
In like manner the chalice also, after he had supped, saying: This is the chalice, the new testament in my blood, which shall be shed for you."
St. Luke 22:14-20 Douay-Rheims 1899 AE

Comments

Popular Posts